Monday, June 11, 2007

Wikis

I am just amazed with all of the different technology tools and advantages I keep learning about in this course. I feel so overwhelmed with all of this information. I think that in order to be able to incorporate all of the technology tools from this course such as the blogs and wikis your school has to have access to computers and have the time to teach students how to use technology too. Anyhow, if all of these components were covered this is how I would use a wiki in my classroom. I think that it would be a great way to have students do research on any particular topic and also able to share with others and collaborate. It could be a great way for the students to Interact and get Ideas from one another for their projects, especially If they are working together as a team and might not have the flexibility to meet face-to-face. I think that a possible project I could do with my students is a California Mission project. I would give each member of the team different roles and tasks and they would have to work together communicating via a wiki or blogs.

2 comments:

Charlie said...

I am also feeling a little overwhelmed at which tools to use and at the variety of material out there. I am pretty savvy at some of this but I think it will take time to sort out what is meaningful for each individual.

Verdugo Hills Athletics said...

The technology can be overwhelming. Just remember that all of this is compressed during this course, so use your great ideas as you get time. I'm sure that you will develop great stuff.