Monday, June 11, 2007

Incorporating Podcasting and Video Streaming

After reading and browsing through all of the possible ways an educator can incorporate podcasting and video streaming I was very amazed. There are numerous ways a teacher can bring videos to the class and make these projects meaningful to the students. I read on one of my comments left by another participant from the class that these kind of technology tools are second nature to our students and that is so true. I feel so intimidated by all of these rapid growing technology but nowadays this is what makes our students learn and motivated. The readings for this week mentioned that this is a simple, innovative, and exciting medium for teaching and learning and it seems like it is. However, I still need a lot of learning and practice to do before I could feel comfortable bringing to the classroom. I guess that once it is ready to be implemented the podcasting and video streaming can be become simple to produce and can be accessible to anyone at anytime. I guess that's the beauty of it. Maybe one day I will be able to learn more about it and start using in my own classroom. Thank you to all of those who have ready my posts and left comments. I have read some good comments with suggestions on how to use these new technology tools in my classroom.

2 comments:

Ms. Middleton said...

Mrs. Gonzalez
I share your same desire in learning how to maneuver podcast and video streaming into my curriculum. I think these are indeed useful and innovative tools. As educators we must stay updated so that we can service our students. I'm learning so much from this and other technology classes that I've completed. I think that if students are learning this way now, we must not fear, but rather, learn ourselves how to first use these tools so that later we can implement them in our curriculum.

Verdugo Hills Athletics said...

I agree that using video feeds and podcasts have large potential. I think that the video feeds are best for class, but maybe the podcasts can be used to record my lectures...in the future...